CWC does outreaches across campus to inform students, family, faculty, and staff about mental health concerns affecting the UF campus.
Please complete the CWC Outreach Request Form if you’d like us to provide an outreach to your class, department, or student organization.
To be able to accommodate your request, we ask that you reach out to us at least 3-4 weeks before your event to increase the likelihood that we may find someone to meet your request. We may not be able to accommodate requests made less than 3 weeks in advance. At the peak time of Fall and Spring semesters (October-December, and March-April) our CWC providers are unable to meet interview requests for academic purposes and our presence for outreach events may be limited.
Here are some outreaches, organized by type, that we’ve done in the past.
- Guest classroom lectures on topics related to Mental Health and the College Student and Crisis Intervention in Higher Education
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training
- Working with the Troubled or Disruptive Student
- Small group workshops on the Faculty 911 Guide
- Developing a Departmental or Group Intervention Plan
- Workshops on Effective Listening and Helping Skills for Faculty and Staff