AWARE Ambassadors 2019-2020
AWARE (Awareness Wellness Ambassadors Reaching Everyone) is a mental health ambassador program coordinated through UF’s Counseling and Wellness Center.
Mission and Goals
AWARE’s purpose is to encourage a campus environment that supports healthy lifestyles, mental health awareness, and emotional and physical wellness. Through outreach initiatives on campus and the greater Gainesville community AWARE seeks to reduce the stigma around seeking mental health resources and services.
Goals of AWARE include:
- Educating campus and Gainesville communities about resources and services available through CWC
- Offering programs that focus on the awareness and prevention of mental illness
- Providing current and accurate information about mental, emotional, and physical wellness
- Promoting health lifestyles and behavior
- Reducing the stigma associated with seeking mental health resources and services
- Offering advice and tools to enhance campus-wide emotional wellness
AWARE meets every Wednesday, from 5–6:30pm, during the Fall and Spring semesters to discuss how to improve the mental health climate at UF and engage in outreach related training.
Applications to join AWARE open up at the beginning of each Fall semester and and are reviewed 3-4 weeks after the semester starts.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CWC AWARE Ambassadors Outreach Request
Through outreach initiatives on campus AWARE seeks to reduce the stigma around seeking mental health resources and services. Please complete the AWARE Outreach Request Form if you’d like AWARE Ambassadors to provide an outreach to your class, department, or student organization.
PAST AWARE EVENTS
Every year AWARE hosts several events to promote mental health across campus.