For the safety of our students, staff, and community the CWC is currently offering only online group sessions.
Share your experiences with a small group of your peers and a counselor.
During the online sessions, members listen to each other’s concerns and openly provide feedback, while the facilitator guides the conversation. These interactions help you gain an understanding of yourself and others, explore new ways of relating with others, and learn more about the ways you interact. Groups are as effective and in some cases, more effective than individual therapy. Many clients find group helps them to feel a greater sense of connection to others and normalizes what they are going through.
This is not a drop in appointment. Attendance is limited and a full semester’s commitment is required. Prospective telegroup members will be scheduled to attend a group therapy online screening appointment with the group leader(s) prior to attending.
Online Group Counseling Summer 2020
Note: Most Summer groups run throughout Summer C (5/11-8/7) but some are only during Summer A (5/11-6/19) or Summer B (6/29-8/7).
- 10:30am–12:00pm, led by Clarke Slagle
- 1:15–2:45pm, led by Sunie Kim & Rivera-Ramos
- 1:30–3:00pm, led by Felicia Brown & Lisa Buning
- 3:00–4:30pm, led by Saloni Taneja & JD Wright
- 3:00–4:30pm, led by Saloni Taneja & Sneha Pitre
- 1:00–2:30pm, led by Jessica England & Spurty Surapaneni
Mindful Living & Coping Skills
- 10:30–12:00pm, led by Sarah McConnell & Geoff Lee
- 11:15–12:45pm, led by Sarah McConnell & Geoff Lee
- 12:15–1:45pm, led by Geoff Lee & Emi Lenes
All IPS groups are led by Jim Probert & Jill Vella
Led by Shinlay Rivera and Spurty Surapaneni
Led by Sneha Pitre & Saloni Taneja
Using cinema therapy, Netflix & Fulfill provides opportunity to take advantage of the transformational power of film in helping us to heal and grow. This group will explore various films which allow participants to engage in self-exploration by using movies to gain insight, inspiration, emotional release, and growth.
Led by Shinlay Rivera and Rosa West
Led by Shu-Yi Wang & RaiNesha Miller
We asked clients: “What do you want other students to know about group?”
- “My experiences in group have made me more accepting of myself…”
- “(Group) really helped me to have a healthier college experience.”
- “It made me feel cared about and motivated me to change my behavior.”
- “My whole perspective changed and I learned more than I could have ever imagined.”
- “Group helped me feel connected with others not only in therapy, but in every aspect of my life.”