- Group counseling services are based on availability. To learn about receiving this service, you will participate in a 20-30 consultation meeting.
- Please call 352-392-1575 (8am-5pm) to arrange a brief consultation.
- Learn more about brief consultations.
Share your experiences with a small group of your peers and a counselor.
During the online sessions, members listen to each other’s concerns and openly provide feedback, while the facilitator guides the conversation. These interactions help you gain an understanding of yourself and others, explore new ways of relating with others, and learn more about the ways you interact. Groups are as effective and in some cases, more effective than individual therapy. Many clients find group helps them to feel a greater sense of connection to others and normalizes what they are going through.
This is not a drop in appointment. Attendance is limited and a full semester’s commitment is required. Prospective telegroup members will be scheduled to attend a group therapy online screening appointment with the group leader(s) prior to attending.
Online Group Counseling Fall 2021
Mindful Living & Coping Skills
Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD)
We asked clients: “What do you want other students to know about group?”
- “My experiences in group have made me more accepting of myself…”
- “(Group) really helped me to have a healthier college experience.”
- “It made me feel cared about and motivated me to change my behavior.”
- “My whole perspective changed and I learned more than I could have ever imagined.”
- “Group helped me feel connected with others not only in therapy, but in every aspect of my life.”