As a benefit for our clinical faculty, we provide continuing education (CE) credits for licensed psychologists, licensed mental health counselors, licensed clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists. We offer a variety of CE programming and occasionally invite former clinical faculty members and/or community mental health providers to our CE events.
The CWC is offering CEs for attending the following keynotes and breakout sessions:
- Dr. Zulema Valdez, keynote from 9–10am- 1 CE
- “Social Justice Lawyering”, breakout session from 1–2:30pm – 1.5 CEs
- Tim Wise, keynote from 10-11:20am – 1.5 CEs
- “Queer in the Capital: Allyship with the LGBTQ+ Community”, breakout session from 3–4:30pm – 1.5 CEs
- “Identifying and Addressing Mental Health Disparities in the Gator Nation Using Electronic Medical Records”, breakout session from 3–4:30pm – 1.5 CEs
- “Advocating for Those Who Identify as Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC)” breakout session from 3–4:30pm – 1.5 CEs
Please note, counselors can only get credit for one of the three breakout sessions that they choose to attend on Saturday.
It will be an all-day training on February 9th at LifeSouth from 8:00am–4:30pm.
We use CE Broker to process our CE credits.
- 11/15/17— “Autism Spectrum Disorder”
- 9/1/17 — “Let’s Talk About Groups”
- “Intergroup Dialog: Overview, Research, and Clinical Applications”
- “Psychological First Aid: Help in the Aftermath of Crisis”
- “Working With Undocumented Students”
- “History of the ICD”
- “Psychosis: A Brief Overview”
- “Only Sometimes and Not Much: Understanding College Student Substance Abuse”
- “Moving From Disaster to Master: Background Research and Clinical Applications as Gottmans’ Sound Relationship House”
- “Baker Act and Mental Status”
CE Provider Status
The APA Accredited Internship Program at the University of Florida Counseling & Wellness Center is authorized by the Board of Psychology, Agency of Health Care Administration to offer continuing education credits for psychologists (Florida Administrative Code, 64B19-13.003B). The University of Florida Counseling & Wellness Center is approved to provide CE credits by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (CE Provider Number #50-3292-Exp.03/31/2019).