Each year the CWC training committee conducts a local search within the Counselor Education Program at UF. The internship selection process involves two steps. The first step is a review of application materials including, cover letter, letters of recommendation, and vita. Following the review of applications, our training committee selects a list of finalists who are assessed as having experiences and goals that are identified as being a “good fit” with the training expectations at our site. An in person interview is conducted with the finalist pool with at least two members of the training committee and a second interview is conducted with the training director. Interviews usually last approximately 30-45 minutes. The Training Committee will make a final selection and the Assistant Training Director will contact the selected candidate(s).
Required Orientation: The First Week of the Summer Semester
There is an orientation period for 1 week in addition to online training that assists interns in becoming familiar with the CWC, receive clinical training, and orient to policies and procedures of the Center. The internship requires a commitment of 18-20 hours per week for the Summer semester. This includes a weekly meeting with Assistant Training Director and up to four 1-hour seminars.
Applicants should email the following
- Cover letter of interest. Please indicate in your cover letter the number of direct face to face clinical hours (and those you plan to receive before starting internship) and the number of supervision hours you have received.
- Current vita
- Letters of reference from three persons who have observed your academic and clinical performance. Letter writers should send letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send letter of interest and vita in one pdf document.
- Application Deadline – February 12
- Review of Applications – February 15-19
- Interview pool contacted – February 22
- Interviews – February 24-26
- Latest Date to notify candidates of decision – March 5
Questions regarding the counseling internship and application procedures can be directed to Shinlay Rivera, Ph.D., Assistant Training Director, at 392-1575 or preferably through email at email@example.com