The Counseling & Wellness Center (CWC) and the Student Health Care Center (SHCC) are committed to serving all students at UF. Students who identify as transgender or may be exploring their gender identities are offered care that is confidential, compassionate, supportive, non-judgmental, ethical, and educational as they navigate the transition process.
The CWC has several counseling options for transgender and gender fluid students including gender identity themed groups. Both group and individual counseling provide a confidential, supportive environment that allows you to explore your gender identity and navigate the challenges that can often accompany the coming out and transition process.
- UF Students can call 352-392-1575 to schedule a brief consultation (30 minute appointment in which your level of care and need will be assessed).
- Recommendations from the assessment may include referral to a community provider, group/individual counseling, or other services.
- If your needs are better served at the CWC, then a follow-up group or individual session will be made prior to leaving the office.
Your counselor(s) can discuss the needs and time frame for any supportive documentation to assist you with your transition.
Transgender students seeking hormone therapy may receive treatment at the UF Student Health Care Center (Infirmary Building, 280 Fletcher Drive).
- Call 352-392-1161 and press “3” to access scheduling.
- If you are a new patient who has never been seen at the SHCC, or you do not know the name of your medical team, press “1” to establish care. All others may press “2”.
- When scheduling your appointment, let the SHCC know you are seeking “transgender care” to be routed to the appropriate medical staff member.
- During the appointment your medical provider will discuss treatment options.
- You may contact your insurance company ahead of your appointment to learn what services will be covered and which may have patient responsibility attached to them.
- Please feel free to contact SHCC Patient Financial Services if you would like assistance contacting your insurance about coverage: 352-273-4546.