Every semester UF campus welcomes increasingly more numbers of student veterans to the campus. Student veterans and their partners and/or family members may face unique challenges, from living with injuries or combat memories to transitioning from military culture to civilian life. You can help them by recognizing who they are and understanding their unique experiences and needs.
- For tips and suggestions specifically tailored to facilitate your understanding and support, explore VA Campus Toolkit. This resource would answer many of your questions and provide you with practical tips to guide your work with a student veteran.
- To understand the experiences of student veterans, please read this article named Ten Things You Should Know About Today’s Student Veteran.
- To practice speaking with a student veteran in distress and enhancing your ability to support and help them, take this 30-minute online simulation training, at-risk Kognito, available for UF community without a fee.
- To familiarize yourself with resources available on campus for our student veterans, visit the Collegiate Veterans Success Center.
- Check out the CWC’s Student Veterans resources page for more information.