Join us 9/6-10 for a week of awareness and support
National Suicide Prevention Week is an annual campaign to inform and engage about suicide prevention and warning signs of suicide. This year we are holding it virtually with a number of online presentations and activities as well as sharing information on our social media channels.
- From Tuesday (9/7) through Thursday (9/9), you are cordially invited to FRESH CHECK DAY, a virtual mental health fair we are offering in partnership with the Jordan Porco Foundation.
- On Friday, 9/10 from 1-2:30pm, a QPR Suicide Prevention Training will be offered – Join us on Zoom (and enroll) in our QPR Suicide Prevention Training. Learn more about the training.
We encourage you to check out our resources listed below and participate in Kognito Online Training, to learn effective techniques to help others.
You can find links and details about the Fresh Check Day events below.
- 9:30-9:50am – “Uplift” – Join us on Instagram Live (@ufcwc) and learn all about gratitude cards and how to make them.
- 2:00-2:30pm – “Nine Out of Ten” – Join us on Instagram Live (@ufcwc) and learn about myths, facts, warning signs, and action steps to support suicide prevention.
- All Day – “100 Reasons – A Tree of Life” – Contribute to our collaborative Kudoboard, sharing your reasons to stay alive.
- 9:00am – “Grounding & Earthing Techniques” – Watch on YouTube for grounding and earthing techniques to support emotional regulation and stress relief.
- 11:00-11:30am – “It Takes a Village” – Join us on Zoom (RSVP here) and learn about campus resources in a fun way and join us for a Kahoot quiz game. Winners get CWC goodie bags!
- All Day – “Elephant in the Room” – Contribute to our collaborative Kudoboard, and name the stigmas in life that contribute to suicide through isolation and shame.
- 9:00am – “Wellness/Self-Care Strategies: Illustrating Quotes” – Watch on YouTube to learn techniques for illustrating your favorite quotes as a wellness strategy.
- 10:00-10:20am – “Nine Out of Ten” – Join us on Instagram Live (@ufcwc) and learn about myths, facts, warning signs, and action steps to support suicide prevention.