News & Events
While the CWC is not currently offering in-person tablings we do have online workshops and tablings to provide mental health information to UF students. Like tabling on the Plaza, Virtual Tablings will provide opportunity to students and UF community to “Zoom-in” to receive general information about CWC, connection to resources, and ask questions!
Go to Workshops & Tablings to find out about our upcoming Summer 2020 Virtual Workshops and Tablings schedule.
Chomp Chats interviewing CWC Outreach Director, Dr. Rosa West
The college years are a time for change, growth, inquiry, and development. The Counseling and Wellness Center strives to help students learn the skills to cope with the stresses of change and growth, so they are better able to learn and thrive after their time as a student is over. This two-part series provides an introduction to Mental Health and Mental Illness and provides an overview of services offered by the Counseling & Wellness Center.
Relaxation Exercises Videos
Visit our YouTube channel.
Suggested Apps and Videos
CWC suggested phone and web apps, which are useful for a range of concerns, from grief to daily wellness.
- Pandemic Project: Expressive Writing – This website gives you some ways to try out expressive writing to help you deal with the COVID-19 outbreak. By writing about your thoughts and feelings for as little as 5-10 minutes, you may change the ways you are thinking, feeling, and even sleeping.
- Calm – Calm uses relaxing videos and music to guide meditation and help relaxation.
- Headspace – Right now Headspace is offering a few free resources to help with pandemic related stress.
- Guided Meditation for Times of Pandemic: Calling on Your Awakened Heart, lead by Tara Brach, PhD, a meditation for finding a calm refuge during the COVID-19 crisis.
- How to Sleep When You Are Anxious, useful tips for falling asleep, by Dr. Jud Brewer, MD, PhD.
- The Tapping Solution, tapping meditations for COVID-19 anxiety, including “Feeling Safe and Secure” and “From Fear to Worry to Peace.”
Online Training Kognito
Kognito can help you notice when students show signs of distress, learn how to talk about these signs, practice sharing your concerns, and learn how to motivate them to seek help.Kognito Online Training
Community Provider Database
Many providers have transitioned to telemental health counseling at this time to maintain the health and safety of their patients. When reaching out to schedule an appointment, clients are encouraged to speak with the provider about their ability to provide telemental health services.Community Provider Database
- Blog Posts
- More resources coming soon!