How to Become a Part of ASPIRE
Whether you are a student, faculty, staff, or administrator, you can become a part of ASPIRE by doing one or more of the following:
- Join Our Team – Become a member of the interdisciplinary team to exchange announcements, concerns, successes, strategize future efforts, and/or participate in outreach.
- Make a Pledge – Share your commitment, personal reflections, or words of wisdom and encouragement to students from underrepresented groups through a video pledge.
- Request a Presentation – Request or provide outreach on topics such as destigmatizing mental health services, how to get the most out of counseling, managing academic pressure, interracial/intercultural tensions, identity, allyship, social justice, and more.
- Help with Tabling – Like musicians, ASPIRE representatives will go on tour. Attention all student organizations, academic departments, or administrative offices! You can invite an ASPIRE representative to attend your event. It is our pleasure to attend and support your efforts.
- Consultation – Request or provide collaborative consultation to support student organizations, academic departments, and administrators in their commitment to the retention of students from underrepresented groups.
- Trainings – Request or provide training and professional development opportunities. Our professional development opportunities embrace a dialogue model and allow for intentional and culturally responsive interactive learning to occur.