CWC Services for Faculty and Staff
Staff members of CWC are available to consult with faculty, staff and administrators in the university community on issues related to the emotional and psychological well-being of individual students or other members of the university community. We are also available to address overall issues affecting the climate of life on campus and have been consulting with various campus departments, task forces, and committees. Please call 352-392-1575 if you would like to consult with a CWC staff member.
After a traumatic event (death, missing persons, major accident, natural disasters etc.), CWC staff is available to meet with students, faculty and staff members to provide consultation, support, intervention and/or referral. For further information or to request trauma response services, call CWC at 352-392-1575 or contact Dr. Meggen Sixbey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CWC provides the following emergency support services for UF faculty and staff:
- Emergency walk-in consultation and crisis stabilization for students accompanied by faculty or staff at one of our two locations:
- CWC Main Building at 3190 Radio Road
- The Crisis and Emergency Resource Center (CERC) in Peabody Hall, 4th floor, adjacent to Criser Hall.
- UPDATE, 6/20/16 - Due to renovations the location of CERC has changed, please follow this link for more info.
- Phone consultation for faculty and staff related to students exhibiting troubled, disturbing or disruptive behaviors.
Call us at 352-392-1575. Identify that you would like to be connected to CERC if you prefer to consult with a provider at that location.
Training for Staff & Faculty
CWC staff provide both online and in-person departmental or group trainings for faculty and staff.
Kognito at-risk Online simulation training for faculty and staff to learn how to identify, talk to, and refer students in distress. There are two versions available for faculty and staff, to help general student population and to help student veterans. You can get this online training anytime at your convenience for free.
Most sought-out, in-person trainings offered by CWC include:
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training
- Working with the Troubled or Disruptive Student
- Small group workshops on the Faculty 911 Guide
- Developing a Departmental or Group Intervention Plan
- Workshops on Effective Listening and Helping Skills for Faculty and Staff
- Guest classroom lectures on topics related to Mental Health and the College Student and Crisis Intervention in Higher Education
For further information or to schedule a training, call us at 352-392-1575 or contact Dr. Meggen Sixbey at email@example.com.
Presentations for your Students
We provide a wide range of presentations to our students and would be happy to come and work with your student group. Click here to request a presentation for your student group.
Need counseling for personal matters?
CWC does not provide counseling services for faculty and staff. Please contact the Employee Assistance Program if you are seeking support for personal matters.